Monday, April 7, 2014

Loving Missionary Life



 
We are having a blast here in midlothian. I always thought people were just april foolin when they said you meet some of your best friens on missions. But now I know what they mean! We're always speaking in funny accents, quoting the grinch, and what have ya. Sister armstrong and I work hard and strive for the spirit, but holy cats! We have a lot of fun! Speaking of april fools, did you guys placy any tricks?? We sure did! Sis Armstrong gave me a legit looking black eye with makeup, and we told everyone a fire extinguisher fell on my face! The pathetic part is... every single person believed me! Ha ha
 
Another highlight of the week, I got a TICK. Random and gross, right?! We got him out okay, though. We didn't have any rubbing alcohol, matches, or really anything useful, so we went over a member's. She said she had just been praying for an opportunity to help someone today haha! Bingo. We named him Douglass.
 
A great thing about this week is that it's been so warm! I love it because all the humans come outside and we get to talk to EVERYONE! It's fun. We go to a cute park across the street and meet awesome people almost every day. Tuesday we met these two ladies, Linda and Joanne, sitting on a park bench. I started talking, and Linda just jumped up and gave me a hug. She has schizophrenia, so we instantly plunged into an interesting (but incoherent) conversation about AA, politics, and the end of the world. :) Man, I just love how unique humans are. meanwhile, sister armstrong was teaching Joanne the restoration. She is now one of our investigatiors! We saw some cool miracles that day too. Mission life is insane. There is too much laughing, crying, and strait up experiencing that goes on every day.. It's hard to fit it all in an email.
 
More highlights
We had zone meeting on friday, which was cool. Our zone is really unified and solid. I learn a lot from those missionaries!
GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!! Holy moms, I love conference. When you are a missionary, it's like christmas, only better. What talks did you guys like? They were all so good! I was missing breakfast burritos and back rubs at home, but it was really cool to watch it at the stake center here. How stinking cool that we get to hear from a prophet of God?! It's the best.
 
Well, that's a rap for this week. I sure love you guys so much. Thank you for your prayers. I need them, and I sure feel them every day. Have an amazing week!!
 
Love,
 
Sister Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment