Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May 19th Update

Hey family!

So many good things happened this week! First of all, JONATHAN AND LISA BOTH CAME TO CHURCH! :) Yay! it was so awesome. Sister Armstrong and I did a special musical number, which was sweet. "There's no growth in the comfort zone and no growth in the comfort zone!" It was scary, but super worth it! Sister Carboni, a less active member played piano for us, and we had such a great time getting to know her at practices. She's a super amazing lady. 

I love the atonement. I love that no matter what, we can change. And it's so cool because when the Savior changes us, he doesn't make us into someone else. He makes us more fully who we are! We truly find ourselves when we surrender our hearts to Him. When we took the sacrament yesterday, my heart felt the way it does when I'm in Zion National park. It's this tiny connection to something soooo huge! "The Lord is able to do is own work." And I'm sure grateful that I get to be a little part of it.

So yesterday Sister Armstrong and I recieved a letter addressed to both of us from the New York New York mission... It turns out, one of her best friends is companions with Daniel Steiner! Haha. Also, I found out that my bishop here used to be in a punk rock band and that he had a huge mowhawk and tattoos. So that's pretty  cool!

We finally got in touch with the Whites! They're not super interested in learning about the gospel right now, but please keep them in your prayers. They're going through a lot. We got to help them out with a ton of yard work the other day, and that was a really cool experience.

Well, I hope you all have a great week! Life is good :) I love you so much!

Love,

Sister Mimi Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment