Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Staying in Midlo

Looks like sister armstrong and I will stay in Midlo for another transfer! :) So stoked. I still love it here!

I'm sorry my email last week was a little impersonal. So much happened and I was trying to jam it all into one email haha.. I never really know what to put in these still! Aslo, Brooks, I don't have your email address, (because you always send great letters,) so sorry I'm not sending these directly to you. I just kind of figure you all get them. 

Anyhow, this week was good! We had some super crazy weather, which I thought was fun because I'm really not used to it. We woke up to a cold, rainy morning, and by 1:00 PM it was 80 degrees and super humid! There was a tornado warning and the sky was going bonkers. Then it started pouring and it was like someone just turned on a warm shower. Just running through the parking lot, we got completely soaked through!

We got to meet with Lisa again. She is so amazing! My testimony grows so much every time we meet with her. She is prepared for the gospel! She told us that when her niece was born, she just had this feeling like she had been there all along. She said, "I don't even mean it in an endearing aunt sort of way. I just knew I had known her before." We then explained the plan of salvation to her. When she heard that we all lived together with God before we came to earth, it made her so happy! Once again, things just clicked for her. It made me so grateful to have been taught the plan of salvation from the time I was young. Mom and Dad, I really won't ever be able to thank you enough for raising me to know the gospel!

So... ELDER BEDNAR CAME TO MY MISSION!!! Wowee it was soooo incredible! He said to come to mission conference (which was combined with the whole Chesapeake mission) with questions. I never raised my hand, but every question I had was distinctly addressed and answered. Elder Bednar taught completely out of love and by the spirit. It was so powerful! I have no doubt in my mind that he is an apostle of the Lord. I learned many things in that meeting that won't just help me on my mission, but for the rest of my life.

I am so grateful that I get to be a missionary. It's so stinking hard. But I am a different person because of it. President Robbinson, another GA that was there, said, "Your mission is a university for your life... and you're enrolled in some pretty tough courses!" It's so true! In an email, dad referred to an experience I had as "Part of my education." I am learning so much each and every day, and I'm so thankful to be here. I especially love that I have 2 hours set aside each day for studying the scriptures. My testimony has grown so much! I didn't think anything was better than SUU as far as education goes... but Virginia totally wins.

I am happy. I am learning. I love it here. I have a testimony of the atonement. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and because of Him, change is always possible. Nothing can separate us from His love (Romans 8:35-39.) The sccriptures are true. I love them. I know that angels are real. Sometimes we see them. Sometimes we don't. :)

I miss you guys so much, but I am so happy that mom and dad were married in the temple, because I get to be with all you Julios FOREVER!!! :) I LOVE YOU HUMANS!! I hope you have the best week. Talk to you in 6 days!!!!!!! I can't wait!

Love, 

Sister Mimaw Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment