Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May 27

Hi Fam,

I hope you all had a super good Memorial day! YAY for school being out! This week was pretty good in good o midlo.

We met with Jonathan, and man. That guy is so solid! He's super smart, and every time we assign him to read something from the Book of Mormon, he gets sooo much out of it! When we met this week, there was just something different about him. He said that since we've been meeting, he feels so much more happy and hopeful. He said that when he used to look at the state of the world, he just felt depressed. He said he sees things now with new eyes. It's so beautiful to see the gospel changing his life! Please keep him in your prayers. And Lisa too. She sort of fell off the face of the earth this week, so we are trying to get back in touch with her. 

We started teaching a guy named Zenos! Like in the book of Mormon! Haha he is super cool, but we will probably be giving him to the ysa missionaries. 

The other day, sister Armstrong and I were both just super down. People don't usually put this in their emails home, but there are some days on your mission when you wake up and you just plain don't want to be a missionary. I realized that satan really never wants us to go out and do anything good, and he especially doesn't want us to share the gospel. So we did it anyways! And the first person we met was a young man reading at the  park. We asked what it was and he said, "It's all about how there are tons of different religions with little bits of truth." Wowee, could ya be more prepared?? So that was cool! He'll go to ysa too, but still cool. 

We met with Larry this week.I wish I could just record one of our meetings with him and show you because you would laugh so hard. We were talking about the second coming of Jesus, and he said, "I'm tellin you man, the world is so crazy! I'm going to be the first one on that Jesus bus when He comes. Be like 'Come on sista armstrong and sista milla! We got our chicken salad, we got our RICE. Let's go man! Get us outta hea!' I'mma bring my cell phone, be textin my friends like, 'Wassup I'm in the clouuds playaa!'" ha ha Larry...

This week was pretty long and hard, but I saw the Lord's hand in my life over and over again. Thank you so much for praying for me. I could especially feel your prayers this week, and they are what got me through.  I know that the Lord goes before me and beside me in this work. He's called us "that the fulness of (His) gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before kings and rulers." D&C 1:23. Sometimes it's so overwhelming just how weak and simple I am, but I'm realizing that the Lord doesn't want me to be anything else. I may not know every little thing about the gospel, but I sure love the people here, and I think that's what matters. 

I know the gospel is true. I love the Book of Mormon so much. I know it contains the fullness of the gospel. It brings us closer to Jesus Christ. 

I love you so much family. You guys rule! Have an amazing week!

Love,

Sister Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment