I hope this email finds you well and enjoying a nice week of summer! This week was a little bit of everything for me. It started off with some miracles, so let's start there!
On Monday night when we were planning, we asked the Lord for a miracle the next day at 1:36. God isn't limited by time or human requests, but we knew that if we put forth the effort and had faith in Him, He would provide an opportunity for us to help someone else. By 12:50 that day, our plans and all 3 back-ups had fallen through. So what did we do? Tract! After doing that for 45 minutes, not a person had answered. Then, at precisely 1:36, someone answered! And from that point on, every door on the street was opened. We got 3 return appointments and got to teach the restoration! :) We met this amazing woman named Joanna Bartles. She's an artist and a yoga instructor and just a sweet, good soul. Please pray for her! We get to teach her again this week :)
We went on my first full split on Wednesday! I got to teach Carolyn with a girl named Katie, and her mom took Sister Hansen to teach a lady we met tracting named Julia. She is GOLDEN! She's a 21 year old single mom. She's so humble and just knows she needs the Savior.
Thursday and Friday were both really slow days, but we got to visit some elderly people and play bingo at Ginter again! Poor Sister Hansen. I love old people, and there's a lot of them in Midlothian, so we visit them a lot! One lady we visit is something of an angel. Her husband is in the dementia unit of a nursing home. He can't even remember her name, but she goes there every day to visit and take care of Him.
We also got to teach this sweet lady named Denice. Her husband left her for someone else a few years ago, and she is just heartbroken. :( Something I've learned from my mission is that everyone has a story. Every person is going through, or will go through, something really hard. That is why I love the gospel. I don't know what it's like to have a dying husband, to have been cheated on, or to be struggling to support a baby on my own. But I know that Jesus Christ understands. I know that the gospel is for everyone, and no matter the circumstance, it can heal. Everything we teach all comes back to Him. We have the book of Mormon because it testifies of Him. The priesthood is here to bind us to Him. We have prophets to reveal to us His words and the way back to Him. I know that He lives. He can change us.
Here are some other things I learned this week:
- When we're trying to do the right thing, we can ALWAYS expect opposition. The hardest mornings of my mission have always come just before the best things have happened.
-Helping people makes us HAPPY :)
Well, this was quite the novel. Oh! As for the Egyptian food experience of the week: boiled eggs surrounded by ground meat and deep fried, pasta with oil and pepper sauce, and some sort of chicken! It was actually super tasty, but I could probably go for 3 days without eating and be fine :I "Complete." ;)
I love you all very very much!
No comments:
Post a Comment