Monday, September 29, 2014

July 28, 2014

Looks like I get to stay in Midlo!! I'm thrilled! I sure love it here! Sister Hansen is leaving me though. She's going to be a sister training leader somewhere, so that's pretty neat! I've learned so much from her.
 
I can't remember if I told you this or not, but Sister Hansen has been waiting on a visa to go to Brazil for 11 months now. She usually wears an English name tag, but a few weeks ago, she accidentally put her Portuguese one on. We was a member that day, and she said, "Hey, is that Portuguese? The lady who cleans my house is from Brazil!" So sister Hansen got to teach her in Portuguese! It was sweet. Katia, the Brazilian, wasn't super interested in the gospel, but she wanted to help Sis Hansen with her Portuguese, so she agreed to take the lessons! She and her husband came over to the members' for dinner, and Sister Hansen taught the restoration. It was so awesome because even though I couldn't understand, I felt the spirit. And I know Katia felt it too. She started answering the Portuguese questions in English, so we all were able to talk about it together.:) She and her husband both promised to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. I won't get to continue teaching them because they live out of our area, but that was a cool experience.

Teaching the gospel is the best. It has been really challenging to find people who want to really learn, but man. When we do, it makes me so happy! We got to teach Denise again this week. She is wonderful. She believes everything, she's just scared of change. Please pray for her to be blessed with courage. :)
 
We also got to teach this super cool guy named James. He's a member of the United Church of Africans or something like that. He just sat us down and asked us every question he had about Mormons. I love when people do this! Because if you sincerely ask what we believe and why we believe it, it kinda makes a whole lot of sense! :) Every person was taught the plan of Salvation before they came to Earth, and I believe that everyone remembers it somewhere deep in their heart. When they hear it, it's like a memory coming back to them. I love seeing that. I love when people realize that they are children of God, and that He loves them and desires their happiness!
Well, that's the scoop! I miss you guys a lot, and I pray for you every day. I love you!
Sister Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment