Sunday, September 28, 2014

July 7th Letter

Hi family!
I got to see Patty, Curtis, and Brinlee! Oh my word, it was the best thing in the world! I was worried that I would get homesick or distracted after they left, but I wasn't. It just gave me a big boost! They are so sweet.
This week was really good :) Most of the people we've been working with were out of town, but we had a lot of service opportunities. Our ward had a pancake breakfast on the 4th, which was really fun. We made red, white, and blue cookies and took them to people and shared patriotic scriptures with them. It started out as a hard day, I think because I just knew what you all were doing. But as soon as we got to work and started seeing people, I was fine. We ended up helping with Bingo at Ginter Hall and visiting a lot of people who were spending the 4th alone. It really changed my perspective. It made me grateful that I have a family to miss. I love you guys so much, and I just love knowing that we'll always be there for each other. You are my best friends! That friendship is such a gift.
We also had our first official English class.... and no one showed up! Hahah. But it's alright, because the next day we had a great class with Osama (the Egyptian man from the park..Triza's brother) and his 2 kids, Andrew and Stephen. They are the cutest little humans I have ever seen (except sawyer.) We taught them how to make friends haha. They're really smart!
We got to teach the restoration to some guys who were fishing at the park the other day. I just love sharing the gospel. It's the happiest message in the world. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It has brought me closer to my Savior. It clarifies God's plan for us and enriches our personal lives. I love the gospel with all my heart. 
I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment