Sunday, April 12, 2015

December 22, 2014


Hi Family!

This week has been one really high highs and pretty low lows. We saw some wonderful miracles!

We started teaching a deaf person named Natasha. Oh my goodness, I LOVE her. She went to school with a member of our ward, and he invited her to come see how the primary teachers work with this sweet little deaf boy, Connor. She loved it!  She is just fabulous and kind and very expressive! She reads lips really well, and Connor's grandparents are pretty good at signing, so we were able to communicate alright. We are learning sign language, and it's pretty daunting. But sister Munford took it in high school, and we got permission to have 30 extra minutes a day for language study! And we can do all things through the help of our Savior. It is so fun. I love how confident Natasha is. She is just this cute, sassy black lady who knows she is a child of God!


We also have another new investigator named Jose. He's from Puerto Rico, and his wife is a member. I think the spirit of Christmas is softening people's hearts, because there are a lot of less-active and part member families who seem to want to come closer to God. The spirit was so strong in his lesson. He said, "I know my English is not the best... but I know this is the word of God because of what I feel. And I don't mess around with that." He's a really cool guy.

We had our ward Christmas party on Saturday, and that was bittersweet. A member of the ward passed away from cancer this week, and it's been pretty rough on everyone. They're all in some way related to the Beazley family, so it was very sad. A regular source of laughter for me is being in Scotchtown ward choir. We are aweful haha. But on Sunday, we performed in Sacrament meeting. Sister Beazley always loved to be in the choir, and I really believe she was our Christmas angel, helping us to sing better than we could have on our own. It was a very sweet meeting.

Another hard thing is that we aren't teaching Allison anymore. Apparently, she did something, and so the Walkers are no longer letting her live with them. We have no way to get ahold of her right now :( She was so close.  I'm praying so hard that the Lord will send an someone to help her get back on track, and I really have hope that things will work out. I really just love that human with all my heart. Will you please pray for her?

President Wilson came to our companionship study this morning, and that was pretty cool! I learned so much! He's a really good mission president. Very Christlike, and caring. It was a tender mercy today.

I am sooo excited to talk to you humans this week! We still don't know what time we'll be skyping, What time would work best for you?  We have 40 minutes, I'd like to talk to everyone all together and then separately :)

I hope during Christmas, we can all take some time out of the business and  think about the Savior. I hope we will do the things He would do. He lives. He is the light and life of the world, and his goodness can overpower any of the negativity that is in it. I am so grateful for His perfect, humble example and his all encompassing grace.

I love you with all my whole self! See you soon :)

Sister Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment