"Ha ye doin??"
I got a new companion! Her name is Sister Munford, and she is the bees knees. We already knew each other because she was in my district, so that was nice. :) It's always tricky adjusting to change, but that's what makes us grow. It's been fun introducing her to scotchtown! She likes it, I think. :)
Nikki and her son Bane are getting baptized this week! Holy toleto, that has been an exciting/crazy thing. We have to teach them all the lessons in 2 visits before they get baptized! They've been coming to church for a long time though, so they'll be ready :) Bane is 9, and it was pretty funny going over the baptismal interview questions with him. We asked, "Have you ever committed a serious crime?" he got this really serious look on his face and said, "Well..................... I uh..... picked up something off the ground one time I maybe shouldn't have..." And his 5 year old sister piped in, "Yeah! a sparkly rock, even!!" It was so cute.
We also had exchanges this week, and that was really fun. My friend Sister Stilson came here, and Brother Mills kept thinking she was my new companion. He took us to teach his second cousin, who is like 91 years old. We had to yell so she could hear what we were saying. It was nuts!
This Christmas season is so special! I'm so grateful to be a missionary right now. In the morning during studies, I curl up by our tree and read Jesus The Christ. :) It's the best! And I get to talk about Him with different people all the time! Aaaaand, I'm really excited for Christmas, because I get to talk to you humans!! I We are going to the Given's for Christmas dinner and Skype!! (she's the really smart British lady!) So that should be fun.
That's pretty much the update! We're just working hard, and trying to stay sane. The mission is such a roller coaster. I'm trying to learn a lot about stress management haha..
The gospel is true!
I sure love you guys :)
Love,
Sister Miller
No comments:
Post a Comment