Sunday, April 12, 2015

January 5, 2014

Hello Miller Family!

This week has been very good. We've been blessed with so many miracles.. I don't even know where to begin!

On Tuesday, we met with the Hagues, and this lesson was totally different. The hadn't really been progressing before, so we were praying about whether or not to drop them. But when we started the lesson, they told us they had been reading the Book of Mormon. They had a lot of really good questions, and the spirit was so strong! Near the end, Sister Hague started bearing her testimony of Jesus Christ, and we invited her to be baptized on January 17. She said yes, but then called us later to tell us that she probably wasn't going to be able to until spring because of health issues. Please pray for her!

On New Years Eve we visited a sweet 90 something year old lady in our ward. She had a book about the history of the church in Virginia, and it was SO cool! She was one of the first members in the area. I'm so grateful for all the missionaries who came here before us and brought the gospel of Jesus Christ to these people!


We had a very sweet lesson with the Munaycos this week. We were teaching the plan of salvation, and everything was so amazing and new to the little girls. When we told them that we lived with God before coming to earth, Isabelle (5) said "REALLY?" and then pretended to faint. Haha she did that several times throughout the lesson, and it made me think, man! Sometimes I take for granted how amazing this knowledge is! "You will see your grandmother again someday." REALLY? "Because of what Jesus Christ did for us, we will all be resurrected." REALLY? So cute :) Heavenly Father is REALLY, really good to us :)

This week, I feel like I learned the truth of Jean A. Stevens statement, "The Gospel isn't weight. It is Wings." When we surrender our wills to God, he will do so much more with us than we can do on our own. At a zone meeting, an elder was teaching about how we can become more converted as missionaries. He said, "Repent of doubt." Since I started doing that, everything has changed.

A lot happened this week that I don't have time to write about. Jaden Alpy is getting baptized on January 24! David, a less active member, is quitting smoking this week! Please pray for him :) Aslo, the walkers are struggling and could use some too. Thank you!

We are being very blessed in this work, and I feel so grateful to be a servant of God at this time. I know His gospel is true, and I know that it is the only way to true, lasting happiness. Jesus Christ can help us overcome anything.

I love you guys :)
Sister Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment